Sunday, February 26, 2012

psalm 119:17

17 - Deal bountifully 
with thy servant,
that I may live, 
and keep thy word.

"Let my wage be according to thy goodness, and not according to my merit."
~Charles Spurgeon

"Reward me according to the largeness of thy liberality, 
and not according to the scantiness of my service."
~Charles Spurgeon

May I humbly propose that our only purpose--our only reason for living--the only reason we can even ask for life--is so we may live as a physical example of His Living Word!

Why else should we exist if not but to share the heart and mind of the eternal Creator with the world? And where else can we know the heart and mind if not from the Word? Who are we to ask the Spirit to operate separately from the Word? 

Dear God, grant me life, that I may keep thy Word!

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment