Friday, February 10, 2012

psalm 119:10

10 - With my whole heart 
have I sought thee: 
O let me not wander 
from thy commandments.

Sought is translated from the Greek word which means "to beat or to thresh." Wander is translated from the Greek word meaning "to err or to stray."

Have I ever sought Him that hard? Have I ever devoured His Word and had an appetite for His Word that was so voracious until I beat and threshed about in my quest for it?  Have I ever been so aware of how easy it is to err or to stray from His commandments that I threshed about with the pages of the Voice with no thought of my own well-being or nourishment?

"The man of God exerts himself, but does not trust himself: his heart is in his walking with God: but he knows that even his whole strength is not enough to keep him right unless his King shall be his keeper, and he who made the commands shall make him constant in obeying them: hence the prayer, "O let me not wander."
~Charles Spurgeon 


If the New Testament is really the Old Testament revealed, then casual Christianity will not work.

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment