Saturday, February 25, 2012

psalm 119:16

16 - I will delight myself
in thy statutes:
I will not forget 
thy word.

I will delight myself in thy statutes...I will delight myself...

I don't need others to delight myself in His statutes. It is my own private celebration of Divine communication. It is my personal worship service--my holy praise dance to my audience of One.

The depth of joy and pleasure that come from this level of praise comes from peeling back layers of understanding of the Scriptures. Only those who are familiar with the twists and turns of the language...those who are comfortable with the low valleys and high mountain peaks of the responsibilities and the promises contained in the pages...those who have labored through the dark passages and laughed aloud at the sudden bursts of sunlight...those are the ones who understand verse 16.

You can be one of those. I can be one of those. The Psalmist insists that the position is one to which every God-worshiper should aspire.

I will delight myself...

I will dance among the pages through the ancient words breathed by the Creator...I will meander slowly by the still waters of the promises...I will lie down in the green pastures of the comfort and the Comforter...I will eat at the table of the Presence...I will search diligently through the shadowy valleys for the veiled messages left for those who have "ears to hear"...

I will delight myself...

...and it is impossible to forget once I have tasted those delights.

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment