Friday, April 12, 2013

La. District Women's Conference 2013

What an awesome day!

A group of young women (192 of them to be exact) ages 18-30 gathered together for 2 1/2 hours to share the Word of God and be challenged to "unite our heart" to hear His Voice.

The challenge was given to establish a daily time with God every single day -- preferably in the morning -- and then breakout groups discussed how to effectively overcome the challenges we face that prohibit us from making that happen.

The panel was capably and skillfully moderated by Malinda Trentacoste.  The individual panel members each used their personal experiences and personalities to explain how they committed and processed through their own challenges in order to make sure that daily time happens.

The panelists included: Paula LeJeune, Leah Pagels, Holly Sponsler, Kendra Shock, and Danielle Cox.  What awesome women all of them are!

We made this blog available for group discussion, accountability, and motivation.  If you were part of this session, please leave your comments below.  And if you weren't here today, you can still be part of our online group, so just join right in!

I'm really thankful to be associated with such awesome, brilliant women with such bright futures!

© 2013 by Melani Brady Shock

3 comments:

  1. I Was There! An I Just Want To Give All The Lady's That Spoke Such a Big Thank you! I'm Third Generation Pentecost I'm 18 an Everyday its a Struggle to Try an Grow In MyWalk With God But From all Yalls Advice an The Anointing Of God I Know I Can Make It an He Will Be MyHelp an Strength. God Bless Y'all! :) #Kayla Givens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! Some of the things spoken in that break out group was exactly what I needed to hear. I've been so discouraged lately with the way things are going in my life and I've let that stop me from directly turning to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there! It really got real and personal discussing the challenges we face during our walk with God and how to overcome those challenges. It got me to realize that some of those challenged were self inflicted and that at the end of the day, there really is no excuse for not making sure I make time for God and that should be first every single day. We also discussed finding our ministry by spending time with God every single day through prayer and in the Word. We were taught on how some of us young women want to have "elder" status without processing through the life experiences our "elders" processed through. The discussion was amazing and we had much more teaching. For me it started out bitter but it was ever so sweet for my soul. I can truly say I'm on my way to becoming a better me in Jesus Christ! I truly thank God for this session and for Melani Shock and the panellists. God bless!

    ReplyDelete