Sunday, February 12, 2012

psalm 119:12

12 - Blessed art thou, O Lord: 
teach me thy statutes.

No sooner is the word in the heart than a desire arises to mark and learn it. When food is eaten, the next thing is to digest it; and when the word is received into the soul, the first prayer is -- Lord, teach me its meaning. ~Spurgeon

Teach me. He [David] had Nathan, he had priests to instruct him, himself was a prophet; but all their teaching was nothing without God's blessing, and therefore he prays, "Teach me." William Nicholson.

Teach me thy statutes. If it be asked why the Psalmist entreats to be taught, when he has just before been declaring his knowledge, the answer is that he seeks instruction as to the practical working of those principles which he has learnt theoretically. Michael Ayguan (1416), in Neale and Littledale.


"If we know the Lord's statutes, we have the most essential education."
~ Charles Spurgeon


© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment