Wednesday, April 18, 2012

psalm 119:32

32 - I will run 
the way of thy commandments,
when thou shalt
enlarge my heart.

The word "enlarge" comes from "rachab" in Hebrew, meaning "to become wide, spacious."  "Heart" comes from "leb," which carries the connotation of the inner man, the mind, understanding.

When will we learn that "his ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts" (Is. 55:9)?

The Psalmist says that God Himself must widen my understanding before I can run in the way of His commandment.  Only God can broaden my mind, make my understanding wider, enlarge my concept of this whole soul thing.  And then, I will be able to run in the broad space.  Then I will be able to confidently state without a doubt who He is, who I am, and what He is asking of me.

The word "run" (ruwts) implies that the obstacles are removed, the difficulties are lifted, the path is cleared.  Proverbs 4:7 talks about making sure we get understanding with all of our wisdom.  (I blogged about that on quest miles--you can read about it at http://questmiles.blogspot.com/2012/03/with-all-thy-getting.html ).  I must have God's voice to enlarge my heart.  I must have God's voice to gain understanding to accompany the wisdom.  I must have God's voice to reveal to me the life in His Word for me for today.

"To others, David might appear to be speeding marvelously along the path of life; 
yet he himself deemed his movements far less rapid.  
His humility was one of the evidences of his holiness."
~Hugh B. Moffatt, 1871

"The running Christians are comparatively few; 
walking and sitting Christians are comparatively common; 
but the running Christian is so uncommon 
as often to be though almost mad." 
~Philip Bennett Power, 1862

How dangerous for us to depend on our own understanding to advance.  We will only gain territory by running the way of HIS commands.  "...enlarge my heart."  I must depend on God for my every directive.  

My prayer: Don't let me run until you have given me space to run!

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

2 comments:

  1. snoring Christians wake up and immerse in Him. Believe He will work works. Be at unity with your brothers and sisters, and run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This website is actually a walk-through it really is the information you desired relating to this and didn’t know who ought to. Glimpse here, and you’ll undoubtedly discover it. 먹튀검증업체

    ReplyDelete