Monday, January 30, 2012

revelation prayer (bookmark)

Below is the prayer printed on the bookmark contained in the Eat This Book study.  It should be prayed each time we open the Scriptures. I keep it in my Bible at the spot where I will begin reading each day. . .

Dear Lord.
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for 
your goodness and kindness
toward me.
As I open the pages 
of your Words to me, 
I ask that you 
speak to me.
Open my eyes to see.
Open my ears to hear.
Give understanding to my mind.
Fill my heart with your love.
Fill my soul with your peace.
Reveal to me what you would have me
know and understand from
this Logos. . .this Living Word. . .
this day.
I will accept, embrace, and obey
your Word.
I give you praise
and thanksgiving
for allowing me
such intimate communion 
with you.
AMEN.

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment