Saturday, June 23, 2012

psalm 119:56

56 - This I had,
because I kept thy precepts.

What is this that the Psalmist had?  Reading the previous verses of the "ZAIN" stanza gives us a glimpse of what this is.  Hope. Comfort. Steadfast confidence. But one of the greatest elements of this is found in verse 54 . . . "thy statutes have been my songs . . . "

Ah!  The beauty of the sound of this.  Hope, comfort, and confidence erupts into joyful, eternal, beautiful music.  The horrors of night's blackness were denied entrance into the soul as this music filled the mind, the heart, the awareness of the Psalmist on his bed.

This . . .


"When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrow like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul..."

This . . .


"You hold my every moment, you calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire, you heal all my disease.
I trust in You, I trust in You.
I believe You're my healer, I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion, I believe You're more than enough for me.
Jesus, You're all I need."

This . . .


"Through it all...through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God.
Through it all...through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word."

And THIS I have because I have kept Thy precepts.

The reward of this is worth every day, every mile, every tear, every trial, every deep valley.  I will trade all of the riches of the world for this.

"I had the comfort of keeping thy law because I kept it.  
God's work is its own wages."
~Matthew Henry

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment