Monday, June 4, 2012

psalm 119:45

45 - And I will walk
at liberty:
for I seek thy precepts.


"The way of holiness is not a track for slaves, 
but the King's highway for free men." 
~ Charles Spurgeon


Freedom.


The ultimate goal of someone who has only known bondage.


The forgotten privilege of those who have only known freedom.


Grace has redeemed us from bondage and placed us in a broad place--a place where we are free to pursue God, have abundant life, live without fear, experience continual joy and peace regardless of life's storms and circumstances, and a place where we are given eternal, unlimited hope.



"Saints find no bondage in sanctity!" 
~ Charles Spurgeon



Grace -- the unmerited favor of God that allowed me -- a Gentile -- to wear His name and walk in liberty.


I will respond by giving Him every part of me -- my soul, my heart, my mind, my body, my life.  I will endeavor to be as much like Him as I can possibly be.  I will base my entire existence upon His precepts.

"The spirit of holiness is a free Spirit; 
he sets men at liberty and enables them to 
resist every effort to bring them under subjection." 
~ Charles Spurgeon

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment