Friday, June 8, 2012

psalm 119:49

49 - Remember the word
unto thy servant,
upon which thou
hast caused me to hope.


"When we hear any promise in the word of God, let us turn it into a prayer.  
God's promises are his bonds! ~Richard Sibbes

I ask for nothing new, only that the old be fulfilled!  Everything we have ever needed, need now, or will need has already been spoken.  All we need to do is climb into the Pages and pull them down over us...bury ourselves in them...breathe them...eat them...speak them.

Hope springs eternal from this Logos--this Life.

Speak today's Word to you aloud wherever you are.  Let the sound waves enter your atmosphere and change the very air that you are breathing at this moment.

Turn to Psalm 91 and read it out loud.  HE is for you--He has already spoken it!

Because the Word breathes, I can bury myself in its comfort.  My downcast, dreary day has received buoyant, joyful HOPE!  O cover me!


[The Lord] does not say, 
"remember my service to thee," 
but "thy word to me." 
~ Charles Spurgeon

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment