Tuesday, March 13, 2012

psalm 119:26

26 - I have declared my ways,
and thou heardest me:
teach me thy statutes.

The word "declared" comes from a Hebrew word meaning "numbered, recounted."  "Heardest" comes from "respond, reply."

Those who "declare" their ways lay them all out before God. The daily actions, the personal thoughts and intents, and the sins. All of it.

Those who will know HIS ways must first tell Him THEIR ways--the good, the bad, and the ugly. He already knows...so why not just tell Him?

It is only after we fully declare ALL our ways to Him that we can be taught by Him. Anything less on our part results in self-deception.

My prayer is that I would be so honest with myself and God every single morning that I would recount and number my ways to Him. But repentance alone is not enough. I must then listen. I must then go to the Word and let it speak to my heart, my mind, my soul, my spirit. I must recount, then learn as He teaches.

Prayer and the Word are inseparable. If I pray without the Word, I am not listening. If I read without prayer, I am not responding.

"We can never do without teaching, even in old age. 
Unless the Spirit of God teaches us we learn in vain."
~Martin Geier

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment