Tuesday, May 29, 2012

psalm 119:40

40 - Behold, I have longed after thy precepts:
quicken me in they righteousness.

Again we are confronted full force with our motives.

"I have longed after thy precepts..."

Precepts.  Commandments, laws, statutes.  Those absolutes which God Himself has entrusted to us.  David said he longed after them.

Do I long after His laws?  Do I seek His laws?

I seek His face.  I seek His heart.  I long to claim His promises.  I seek abundant life.  I long after His goodness and kindness, His mercy and truth.

But do I long after His precepts?

A soul-searching passage.

"The precepts are grievous to the ungodly, and therefore when we are so changed
as to long for them we have clear evidence of conversion,
and we may safely conclude that he who has begun
the good work will carry it on."
~Charles Spurgeon

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment