Wednesday, July 4, 2012

psalm 119:64

64 - The earth, O Lord,
is full of thy mercy: 
teach me thy statutes.

The more we find Him, the more we need Him.  David found he was everywhere--the whole earth was full of Him!

Still. . ."teach me."

The more we see of His mercy beyond our comprehension, the more we realize we do not know.  His grace calls us to repentance.  This is beyond my realm of understanding...my scope of learning...my capacity for knowledge.

"Teach me."
Titus 6:3-5
3 - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, 
[even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 - He is proud, knowing nothing, 
but doting about questions and strifes of words, 
whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 - Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, 
and destitute of the truth, 
supposing that gain is godliness: 
from such withdraw thyself.

If verse 63 tells us that our companions matter, how much more should verse 64 arrest us?

Who is teaching you?  And what are they teaching you?

© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment