Wednesday, April 4, 2012

psalm 119:30

30 - I have chosen
the way of truth:
thy judgments have I
laid before me.


Digging a little deeper into the original language...

Chosen = to approve and select
Laid = to be equal, resemble

I have [selected and approved] the way of truth: 
thy judgments have I [made equal to me 
and made myself resemble].

We do not "fall" into holiness, we choose holiness.

We do not "fall" into truth, we choose truth.

We do not "fall" into discipleship, we choose discipleship.

We do not "fall" into making the right choice based on the Word of God, we must deliberately choose the right choice--every single time.

We do not "fall" into integrity, we choose integrity.

We do not "fall" into good company, we choose good company.

We do not "fall" into daily communion with Him, we choose daily communion with Him.

Men do not drop into the right way by chance; they must choose it, and continue to choose it, or they will soon wander from it.  Those whom God has chosen in due time must choose his way.  There is a doctrinal way of truth which we ought to choose, rejecting every dogma of man's devising; there is a ceremonial way of truth which we should follow, detesting all the forms which apostate churches have invented; and then there is a practical way of truth, the way of holiness, to which we must adhere whatever may be our temptation to forsake it.  Let our election be made, and made irrevocably.  Let us answer to all seducers, "I have chosen, and what I have chosen I have chosen." O Lord, by thy grace lead us with a hearty free will to choose to do thy will; thus shall thine eternal choice of us bring fort the end which it designs
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon



© 2012 by Melani Brady Shock

No comments:

Post a Comment